On Saturday March 26th, Tyler and I went to the American Fork High School Prom as Chaperones. I loved seeing my students all dressed up and beautiful. Many of them were excited to see me and came up and said "hi." Many of them mentioned to Tyler how they thought I was a good teacher. That made me smile a lot :) and it made me remember how special my job is.
We dressed up!
I felt a strange mix of being both too old and too young for the occasion. I felt too young to be a chaperone, considering that it was just a few years ago that I went to Prom as a student. But at the same time I felt too old to be there as a student. Tyler and I danced a little, but mostly we just walked around. Ty game names to couples that stood out for particular reasons. Some of the names included: "the corner couple," "the star-crossed lovers," and "Romeo and Juliet."
By the end of the night, I was exhausted! But as a token of thanks, the school gave both me and Tyler complimentary tickets to the Hale Center Theater. Definitely worth it!
That's so fun that you got to be chaperones!! I think I would feel the same way you did--too young and too old at the same time. I still feel like we graduated from high school in the last 2 or 3 years--but it's been 7 years! Crazy!
ReplyDelete