Of all the thousands of times that I've driven through Las Vegas, this was my first chance to really spend some time in the city. Tyler lived there in elementary school, so it wasn't so new for him, but he loved living there so we were both really excited for the vacation. We drove down to Las Vegas friday afternoon after Nikki's graduation. We stopped in Cedar City and spent some time with Tyler's grandparents, and then continued the drive into LV.
We stayed at the Excalibur hotel.
We got to see the Eiffel Tower!
When I was younger and my family would drive through LV on our way to Orange County, my dad would give a quarter to the first person that saw the Eiffel Tower. This time I texted him and told him I saw it!
It felt like Paris!.... well almost.
We walked from the Excalibur down to Caesar's Palace to visit one of my favorite stores, H&M. I bought sunglasses and a shirt.
Too bad they don't have a store in Utah.
On Saturday night, we went to a jousting show. Years ago, when Tyler lived in LV, he and his family saw a jousting show at the Excalibur, so it was fun to go back there and see it. There were different knights that represented European countries and fought against each other. The crowd was divided into country sections as well and cheered for their knight. We sat in the Norway section and cheered for the Norwegian Knight!
We also visited the Bodies Exposition at the Luxor. It was amazing! I learned so much about all of the muscles, nerves, tendons, etc in the body and I really felt like it strengthened my testimony of God and the creation. It is incredible what are bodies are able to do and how complex they are.
And, of course, we went to Laura's (Ty's cousin) wedding. She had a LV wedding, but it wasn't in the city. We went out to Valley of Fire (just North of LV) and they had their ceremony there. It was a very hot day, but it was beautiful. And the red rock background was stunning with her white dress.
She and her husband, Trent, drove up in a limo!
The Ceremony
The family
It was so fun to meet Tyler's mom's side of the family. They were all so nice and fun! They are from Washington and I had heard so much about them, but never got to meet them until this weekend. Before we left LV to come back to Provo, we took a cousins picture!
| From top down: Ty, Lexi, Me, Nikki, Kim, Josh, Laura, Trent, Shannon, Jack, Leslie, Johnny, Taylor |


No comments:
Post a Comment