My "To Be" List

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I am a "to do" list girl and always have been. I can't remember the last day (week day) that I didn't sit down and make a list - if not 2 - or somedays maybe even 10! I even write "to do" lists for the next day. Every Friday afternoon, before going home from work, I make a list for what I need to get done Monday morning before school starts, and then what I need to do during my prep. I always write them on sticky notes and put them on my computer so they're the first thing I see when I get to work. Here is what I had waiting for me yesterday morning...



Both my Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 classes have tests coming up, so my main "to do" things revolved around preparing them for that.


What's funny is that I had just been thinking about all my "to do" lists when I heard Elder Robbins' talk during Sunday afternoon General Conference. He mentioned that we shouldn't just do, but be. He said it is common for people to have "to do" lists, but what about "to be" lists? A "to be" list isn't something that you can check off (like I've done above with my "to do" lists) but rather, it is something that you continue to improve on each day to become a better person. I love this idea! Here is my "to be" list:

TO BE:
Be a good wife and friend to Tyler
Be a good daughter, sister, friend
Be a kind and caring teacher
Be forgiving and understanding to my students (especially when then come up with lame excuses)
Be easy to get along with
Be positive
Be slow to get annoyed or upset
Be a good example

..... this list could go on forever and it isn't something that I'll be able to check off right away. I think I'll put this list on some kind of permanent sticky note and continually add to it!

What is on your "to be" list?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Skye! So glad I found your blog too! I sent your invite just now.

    I LOVE the idea of "to be" lists. I will make one soon...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have already accomplished your "TO BE" list Skye! You are wonderful. We are so blessed to have you in our family!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright