Updates

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The past few months have seemed to be a stand still.  Not much changes from day to day, but there are a few updates from the past few weeks.

1. Even though I am still sick, I feel so blessed.  We have so many family members and friends who are supporting us taking care of us.  Yesterday I almost cried thinking of how many people we have who have helped us.

2. Tyler's mom has come down from Jacksonville a few different times to help me during the day.  She cleans the apartment, makes food for us, and does all the little things that I can't.  We have been so grateful for her! And she and Tyler's dad are coming again this Saturday to take a look at my car, which brings me to the next point....

3. The Jetta broke down.  Oh, poor Jetta. It never had any problems before we drove it across the country.  I guess this can be looked at as either a blessing or a curse.  I'm too sick right now to even begin to think about how to fix it.  But on the other hand, I don't drive much these days, so I suppose you could say this is the most "convenient" time to not have a car.

4. My aunt Eden and uncle Craig came to visit from SLC! It was so good to see them.  Eden had a conference in Miami and then they drove to Gainesville afterwards.  I felt bad that I couldn't do much with them, but I couldn't really leave the couch.  They took really good care of me and brought me all kinds of foods that might help me. They took Tyler out to dinner and he showed them around campus.  Eden got really sick when pregnant too so she had a lot of encouraging words that really helped me.

5. My dad got a new client in Orlando! Hooray! That means that soon he will have to take a business trip here.  Hooray! My mom is planning on coming to and I can't wait to see them.

6. My morning sickness/all day and night sickness seems to be getting worse.  I throw up more now, which I didn't think was possible.  I am drinking more liquids now, but it's hard to tell how much I am able to keep down.  I feel very dehydrated and sometimes dream about drinking water.  The other day I just couldn't take it anymore and grabbed a bottle of water and gulped down half of it.  It felt wonderful! It was so cool and refreshing, but within 10 minutes I became severely sick and was miserable for the rest of the day.  I think I did more damage to my body than good.  So I learned my lesson and have now gone back to tiny sips throughout the day.

7.  Tyler is doing great in law school.  I know because he always knows so much detail about the cases he studies.  He tells me about them at night sometimes.  He studies a lot and I'm really proud of him.  I know he has a lot on his shoulders with school and taking care of me.  He does so much around the house and always makes me breakfast in bed (because if I don't eat before I stand up I throw up).  He makes sure that I eat enough and drink enough so I don't shrivel up. And he is always so positive.  He comes home with a smile on his face and tells me he hopes that I feel better soon.  And he tells me I'm beautiful, even when I hardly ever wash my hair because it takes so much energy and I have forgotten how to put on makeup- or even what it is.  Tyler is my shining star that keeps me going and keeps me knowing that everything is going to be ok.  I don't know what I would do without him.

I guess that is all for the updates.  The good news is that in a week, I'll be done with my first trimester!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Skye! I'm sure things will start to improve for you soon. Motherhood is such a blessing and this will just make you even more attached and in love with your little one. I'll keep you in my prayers. Thanks for the updates, I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye! Thanks for your updates. Wow. I can't believe how bad this has been for you. You are so strong! You are going to be the best mom ever, I just know it. You will have the cutest kids! I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright