*red= operating temples
*blue= temples under construction
*yellow= temples announced
It is going to be built just outside of Paris, in Versailles. It will be very close to the Versailles Palace, just north of the gardens. And I have to say, that we are both really hoping to be able to go to the dedication. In fact, we even looked at hotels in Versailles and thought about making a reservation a year before the dedication date. We don't know when it will be dedicated, but probably not for a few more years. Maybe 2014, 2015? Tyler graduates in 2014, so 2015 would be good because it would give us some time to save up.
I have been smiling all day. I've been so happy about it, you'd think that Paris had been my mission. It wasn't, but it is Tyler's. And everything that is important to him, is of the very most importance to me. And through hearing him talk about his mission and the love he has for the people, I have come to feel very connected and attached to that part of the world. And I am so happy that the members of the Church in France will now have a temple!

We heard the rumour a wee while ago (in fact I think it was Tyler that tipped me off) but I too was delighted to hear the actual announcement. I would have loved to have been in France as they heard the news. You could hear the audible gasp in the conference centre (although it wasn't as big a gasp as the Provo tabernacle refurb!)
ReplyDelete