The Beach Boys

Saturday, January 14, 2012



I love the Beach Boys.  I think I always have.  As a little girl, they were my favorite band, and in some ways they still are (although I have a recent love for Il Divo and Adele).  I remember listening to my dad's Beach Boys CDs in the car and in the living room.

When we went on long road trips and the 3 of us kids got tired of being squished in the car for so many hours, we would sing "Sloop John B" with the lyrics "Please let me go home!"  When we went to Hawaii, we sang "Surfin' USA" with a special mention of Wiamea Bay and "Little Surfer Girl" when we had a surfing lesson.  When we went to California, we sang "California Girls." And when I was older and my dad let me borrow his car, I would think of the song "Fun, fun, fun."

Today, I spent hours listening to all of my favorite Beach Boy songs on Youtube.  They are so great!  It brought back so many memories.  And I think baby boy enjoyed the songs too because he was dancing a lot to the music!

All of my favorites include:
Sloop John B
Surfin' USA
Surfin' Safari
California Girls
Fun, Fun, Fun
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
I Get Around
Little Honda
Little Deuce Coupe
Dance, Dance, Dance
Come Go With Me







1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright