My Spanish Family -
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Here is a picture of a few of my family members with my Spanish family!
Four years ago this summer I went to Spain on a study abroad. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. When I think about how that was in 2006 and it's now 2010 I wonder, "Where did all of that time go?" I certainly don't look any older than I did when I look at my old pictures (unfortunately, since I am tired of people thinking that I'm 20 or younger when I am 24).
While I was in Spain I stayed with an LDS family. I lived with them and then went to la Universidad de Alcala in the mornings and toured Madrid in the afternoons. I loved this family. I remember so many fun times with them in their home, at the dinner table, playing the cello with their youngest girl, Clara, having scripture study with them, going to a flamenco show with them, and finally, going to the parque de atracciones! Spain was wonderful, but it would not have been half as great had it not been for the Benito Cox family. Over the years we kept in touch through letters and email. They even wrote me on my mission!
Surprisingly they came to Utah this summer to visit and I was able to see them after all this time! We invited them over to our house for dinner. My mom had met them before since she came to pick me up in Spain so she was really excited to see Helen and the whole family. It was a wonderful night and I was so happy to spend time with them again. Their whole family was their except their oldest son, who is on a mission in France. (He is actually serving in one of Tyler's old areas.)
You will Also Love
Powered by Blogger.
No comments:
Post a Comment