4th of July

Monday, July 12, 2010


This 4th of July felt like a four day celebration! Since the 4th of July was on a Sunday, most events were held either before or after.  On friday night we went to the Freedom Festival in downtown Provo.  On Saturday morning we went up to my grandparent's cabin in Brighton to be with all of the cousins.  It is a tradition to go there every year to watch the parade around the Brighton loop, although each year, it gets smaller and smaller. Later that night we went with my family to the Stadium of Fire. We loved it! The entertainment was great and the fireworks were amazing.

On Sunday we had a dinner at my parent's house and I made a flag cheesecake! I adapted it from a picture that I saw on the Martha Stewart website, but I used my mom's cheesecake recipe. It turned out really yummy!



The party continued on Monday when I went to watch the Provo Parade.  Tyler worked that day, but so did Aaron, so Megan came over to my apartment and we went to the parade together. It was fun to spend time with her. 


Overall, it was a great 4th of July. It was a good time to reflect about how much I love our country and all that it has to offer. I can definitely say I'm proud to be an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright