I recently took the boys on a walk to a nearby park. We love exploring the different parks here in Houston. There are so many it seems like we would never run out of new parks. And today, while at the park, I got mistaken as the nanny. It isn't the first time that has happened. We live in an area where a lot of mothers work. And then also, I know I look younger than I really am, so maybe people just assume I'm too young to have two kids. Every time this happens though, it makes me feel uneasy. I either think that I
should be working outside the home or I think that I wished I at least looked my age. Either way, it makes me feel self conscious.
Another interesting thing that happens at the park a lot, is that I get the chance to use my Spanish. There are so many people who speak Spanish in Houston and parks are a great place to chat with people. I love speaking with native Spanish speakers. I've thought that if we stay in Houston forever, I'll make sure that my sons speak Spanish. It is so useful here.



I tought Dallin the saying, "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back." And this is a picture of him trying to jump over all the cracks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment