Yesterday, we found out the baby is a boy, and we are so happy! We love the idea of Dallin having a brother close in age. I hope they grow to be great friends who support each other their whole lives.
Unfortunately, I've been sick again with hyperemesis gravidarum. And, it has been hard. From the end of August to the end of November, I spent all day curled up in a ball and was unable to move much. I never left my apartment once, except for hospital visits. Honestly, there where many days I was so sick that I didn't know if I would make it. And yet, somehow I have, and the hardest days are behind me now. I can actually get up and out of the house for a few hours a day now. And it feels so good to start doing some of the basic things again!
All I can say is thank goodness for the many, many kind people who helped me during the hardest months and continue to help me. I have the most amazing ward friends, who all took turns watching Dallin for a few hours every day. My mother in law came over every Tuesday and took care of me. My mom came for a week in October. And Tyler was beyond supportive, taking on all of the duties of "mom" while still being dad and a law school student. I cannot even begin to express how awesome Tyler has been and how much he did for me and Dallin these last few months, without ever complaining once. I feel that I have the most wonderful husband who was, and still is, there for me the whole time, making everything so much easier.
And now that my sickness has improved so much, I just feel so grateful and happy. This week, I cooked dinner for the first time since August. And I did the dishes! Not in the same day of course. Baby steps. And I can take Dallin outside to play now, and it makes him SO happy :) And I continue to improve more and more each week!
So, right now, life is really good. I'm happy, Tyler is happy, and so is Dallin.
And I hope to be posting more frequently now!
And now that my sickness has improved so much, I just feel so grateful and happy. This week, I cooked dinner for the first time since August. And I did the dishes! Not in the same day of course. Baby steps. And I can take Dallin outside to play now, and it makes him SO happy :) And I continue to improve more and more each week!
So, right now, life is really good. I'm happy, Tyler is happy, and so is Dallin.
And I hope to be posting more frequently now!
Congrats Skye! I'm sorry you've been so sick again. Hang in there girl! You are such a wonderful mother and it will be so fun to have 2 boys.
ReplyDeleteSkye! That's so hard that you've been really sick again this time :( I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better though and being well taken care of. We are excited for you to have another boy!
ReplyDeleteCOngratulations Skye. I am so sorry that you have been so sick. I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope you have a great pregnancy!
ReplyDelete