The Mystery of the Clogged Bottle

Monday, May 28, 2012

Once upon a midnight dreary, Dallin mysteriously cried and sighed hour after hour.  It was really quite curious as he is rarely so furious and usually sleeps peaceably nearly through the night. But this time was different and he did not relent even when I gave him a bottle.  He’d suck for a while and then stop. But I was determined to weather this tsunami and not wake up mommy until my shift was over. I tried holding him in numerous positions but none of them worked. I even gave them professional wrestling names like “The sleeper,” “The Rock-a-Bye Grip,” and, my personal favorite, “The Colic Clutch.”  After a diaper change and several attempts to feed him without avail, helplessly, I had to awaken Skye. She discovered that I hadn’t washed out the bottle nipple well and it was clogged. Poor little guy hadn’t gotten any milk for hours! Since then, Dal-Pal is back to being an angel. I’m learning… slowly but surely.

A picture of "The Colic Clutch"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I have so many friends who can give me answers to things like this when I have kids! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright