1 week and 1 day old

Thursday, May 10, 2012


Our baby boy is now 1 week and 1 day old.  It has been a wonderful week, and we are so happy!  It has gone by fast, but at the same time, it is hard to remember what life was like before Dallin.

I really like being a mom!  It is fun!  And I love having a son! Tyler really likes being a dad too, and he is so cute with Dallin.  He has a couple of weeks off before he starts work, so it has been nice to have him home all day to help me.  Each day has been so fun for us as we hold him and play with him and admire his cute face.  I feel so blessed!

And another great thing is that I feel soooo good!  I'm not sick anymore!  I woke up the day after giving birth and almost wanted to cry because I didn't feel nauseous.  I didn't have to worry about what to eat for fear that I'd get sick, and I didn't have to pace my spit swallowing or talking or put counter pressure on my tummy or do any of the tricks that I used to do to prevent myself from getting sick.  I know that I'm still recovering from birth and need to take it easy, but honestly I feel like running and doing jumping jacks and summersaults right now!  I'd take having to get up multiple times at night to feed Dallin over getting up multiple times at night because I was sick any day!  It was a long 9 months, but now that my little boy is here and I am so happy, those dark moments are starting to slip from my mind.  

I guess I just don't really have the words to express how I feel right now.  I am just really, really happy! :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Skye, I'm so happy and excited for you. He's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better. That is amazing how you feel back to normal now. What a long 9 months that was for you but now you are so blessed with an adorable son! He is perfect Skye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye, he is so precious! I'm so glad you are feeling much better and enjoying being a mom :) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skye, he is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! I'm so happy you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skye! This makes me so so happy! :) And he really is the sweetest looking baby :) I am glad you are feeling better! I am excited to hear about your adventures as a mother (a very wonderful one at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Skye. So happy for you. Dallin is darling. I'm so sorry you were so sick during your pregnancy but I am so happy that is all behind you now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again!! I'm so happy for you! I still can't believe I didn't know how sick you were the entire time, but I'm SO glad you are feeling better now!!! He is seriously perfect, and I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright