Baby Kicks!

Monday, December 5, 2011

This is a happy post - I promise.

This morning while I was sitting on the couch, eating breakfast, I felt a little baby kick! At first I wasn't sure what it was, so I stayed still and after a few seconds, I felt another kick. It was great!  I've been waiting for the past couple of weeks to feel something, anything.  I even got so anxious that I started poking my stomach to try and get the baby to poke back. But that didn't work - and Tyler thought that was mean of me. So today when I finally felt kicks, I was thrilled!

The little kicks weren't very hard, and that surprised me. I guess I was expecting it to hurt? But it felt more like a little pop. Over the next hour or so I felt about 7-8 kicks. But they were so subtle that had I been up and walking around, I probably wouldn't have felt them.

As for me, I'm doing ok. I'm still too sick to do normal things. But, I've been put on a new medicine 24/7 and it is helping me to retain most of what I eat.  And I am drinking water and have slowly stopped needing carbonated drinks. So things are looking up. I just have to watch myself now and be careful to not over exert myself or eat anything too flavorful or spicy. The most that I get up is maybe 1-3 hours a day (on good days only).  The new medicine makes me really drowsy, so I sleep a lot. Last night I slept for 14 hours. I woke up many times during the night, but still 14 hours is A LOT!

And as far as other updates go...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Jacksonville with Tyler's parents and grandparents. It was nice for both me and Tyler to get away from our normal daily life.  And Thanksgiving is always such a happy time when we think about what we are grateful for. It put me in such a good mood to count my blessings.

And a few weeks before Thanksgiving, my parents came to visit. My dad had business in Orlando and my mom came with him. My dad stayed for 4 days, but my mom stayed for 10. She was only going to stay a week, but extended her stay when I unexpectedly had to go to the hospital again.  It was so good to have her there with me.

And unfortunately with all that has happened, I haven't taken a single picture.  I haven't really wanted to with me being so sick, but I need to start taking pictures soon so I can have some memories.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you start feeling the baby move! It makes everything so worth it and more tangible. I'm glad you're doing a little better, but getting up only 1-3 hours is depressing! Hang in there Skye!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright