We put our apartment up for rent today. I felt like I should try and sell it soon since we are leaving at the end of July, and I was hoping that 2 months would be enough time to find someone to buy our August contract. I put the add up on craigslist at 4:30 and within minutes someone called. The calls kept coming all evening, we ended up showing the apartment to 5 different people, and by 9:30, someone called back to say they wanted to buy it for sure.... only 5 hours! And I was worried about being able to sell it within 2 whole months!
I am happy that we were able to sell our August contract, because now we will have a little extra cash for the move, but in a way, I am sad. I have loved living here and we have so many memories here. It is always hard to move on to different stages in life, even if you know that the next stage will be good. Our apartment, honestly, is one of the best apartments in all of Provo, but more than that, I have loved it so much because of the good memories made here. It really has been a good year.
Here are some of the pictures of our apartment....


I had to include a picture of the mailbox, so we could remember the many months of checking the mailbox 3+ times a day waiting to hear back from law schools!
So where are you headed in the end for law school?! Are you both going to do post-grad degrees? I hope it's east coast just because it's different (although it's easier to catch up with you guys in Utah). We are actually going to be in Utah later this week (we were due to be there tonight, but Iceland decided to share it's volcanic ash with the rest of North-Western Europe).
ReplyDelete