Anniversary Weekend

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our one year anniversary was on Thursday, but we spent the whole weekend celebrating! Tyler bought me these beautiful flowers and we ate a piece of our defrosted wedding cake. I had to call Megan and ask her which frozen cake was mine, because hers was in the freezer too and I couldn't remember what mine looked like!

Thursday night we went to Spark for dinner. This was where Tyler and I went on our first date and where we went the night we got engaged. 
Then on friday night we went to the Bombay House, where we had our rehearsal dinner the night before we got married. 

For presents, I gave Tyler a new leather wallet and he gave me a menu of activities for the whole weekend! 
The menu was divided into morning, afternoon, and evening possibilities for me to choose from. I was sooo excited! But, it was so hard to decide from all of the good options.

For the morning, we went to breakfast at the Little America Hotel. And it truly is the best breakfast buffet in Utah!
After that, we went to the Hogle Zoo.
Our favorite animal was the Siberian Tiger. 
We also like the elephants. And we found out that Tyler and I together weigh the size of a baby elephant. Yikes!
And a full grown giraffe is around 18 ft. tall. That's Tyler X3!
The turtles were cute.
Next we went to see the Utah State Capitol Building.
And after the Capitol, we went to see the Madeline Catholic Cathedral.
We drove home that evening, went for a walk, and for dinner we ate Polish food with Ty's family. Nikki, having served in Poland, made Polish sausage for us to try.

It was a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute present from Tyler to you, Skye!! I love all the pictures, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are great. I just ran across your blog! So fun to see what everyone is up to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright