Recently....

Monday, March 7, 2011

Here are some of the updates for the past few weeks:

This past week, I went to another orchestra rehearsal (I decided to stick with it even though it makes for really long Thursdays).  I was fun and I realized how much easier it is to sit through 2 hour long rehearsals now than it was years ago!  I guess I've grown up!

The week before we had the American Fork High World Language Night. All students taking a Foreign Language had to make a movie in that language and enter it into the competition.  The whole week before was spent doing language scavenger hunts and culture bowls.  Then on World Language Night, we showed the top winning movies and gave out cash prizes.  The winners got $150 and throughout the whole night over $1000 was given away for honorable mentions and culture bowl winners. Tyler came with me and help set up. It was a fun night!

Tyler has been playing basketball with the ward.  He usually practices on Tuesday nights and has games on Thursday nights.

We continue to go out with the missionaries nearly ever week to help them teach lessons. We almost always teach one or two lessons with them, but this last week we went from house, to house, to house from like plan A all the way to plan Z and no one let us in!  Tyler and I still enjoyed ourselves, but we felt so bad for the missionaries because we know how awful it is to have the potential to have multiple lessons with members present and then to have all of your investigators stand you up.  Oh well, they were blessed in the end, because today at church they had at least 5, maybe more, investigators at church.  They are good, hardworking missionaries!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that we decided to take a walk up to campus just for fun.  And good thing we did because by chance we ran into my old neighbors with extra tickets for the BYU basketball game, and they gave the tickets to us. Wasn't that sooooo nice of them! Tyler and I were really excited, and we rushed home to change into our BYU clothes and then rushed back up to the Marriott Center for the game.  It was the first basketball game we had gone to all season, and it was so exciting! The fans were amazing and there was so much energy in the whole stadium.  The team played great and beat Wyoming 102-77.  I know there has been a ton of talk about Jimmer Fredette, and people even complaining about how too many fans "worship" him, but he really is amazing. Watching the game made me excited enough to want to fill out a March madness bracket and follow BYU. Go Cougars!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how little things make you realize you've changed..even just sitting through a rehearsal! :) I loved both this and your post about trusting in God.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright