Happy St. Patrick's Day

Sunday, March 27, 2011

This year for St. Patrick's Day, Tyler had an idea to make a traditional meal of corn beef, cabbage, and potatoes. I was excited because I had never had corn beef before. Tyler made the whole meal and we invited some friends over.
Tyler cooking in the kitchen
Corn beef and cabbage 

The meal was really good. At first it was odd to me that the corn beef stays red, but that is only because of Saltpeter (potassium nitrate) that is added to the meat beforehand.  Tyler did a great job preparing the meal, but Irish food in general doesn't have a lot of flavor.
We ate the meal on green plates and had green cups and napkins.
And I made a Happy St. Patrick's Day sign - I felt like I had to do something since Tyler was working so hard in the kitchen!

Nikki, Josh, Shannon and Jack came over and so did many of Tyler's old roommates: including Seth, Mark, Davis, Matt and his fiancée Theresa, Brock and his fiancée Kim. We ate the meal and watched the BYU basketball game. It was a fun night!





1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fun St. Patrick's day! Seeing your pics reminded me I still need to come see your apartment...before you move, especially! Also, sorry for not having returned your call yet. I swear I'm the worst at that these days!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright