My friends and I are redoing the Young Women Personal Progress. It was my friend Lyndsay's idea and I immediately wanted to join her because I felt like it would help me to grow spiritually. We meet once a week and talk about the value experiences that we've worked on for the week. I have now completed Faith and am working on Divine Nature. The whole process has been wonderful so far as it has motivated me to search the scriptures more and to write in my journal.
For each value, we have to complete a 10+ hr project. For Faith, I decided to write a song that represented my faith. I immediately thought of the faith that I gained on my mission. I served in Argentina and for 7 months, I was at the very southern tip of Argentina in a city called Ushuaia. I remember so many cold and unbearable days. However, it was through those moments that I learned to most rely on Heavenly Father.
Now as I look back on my mission, I realize that just as Heavenly Father helped me in that time period, He continues to help me now. The faith that I gained on my mission, continues to grow as I face new challenges now. I am grateful for the reassurance that I have that He lives and is always watching over me. I combined all of these feelings into this song.
No comments:
Post a Comment