
For the past 3 weeks, I have been working hard at refinishing this dining room table. We bought it second hand and I truly, truly wish I had a before picture to post. It really was in awful condition. But it was solid wood, and I liked the shape of it. It turned out to be a really fun project, all except for removing the old upholstery staples. That was sooo hard and time consuming. But the rest I enjoyed. I painted the table in a light gray chalk paint and the chairs in white. And after painting, I distressed the edges just a bit.
I learned something about myself while doing this. I am happiest when I have something both productive and creative to do. The combination of those two things is the secret for me. It keeps me alive. It is what lets me breathe. Even though it was a lot of hard work, it didn't seem so hard to me, because I felt so good inside. And now that it is over and done with, I'm a bit sad and almost in a strange way feel lost.


No comments:
Post a Comment