Houston

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

We are moving to Houston! Last October, Tyler went to a job fair at UF and met with a recruiter from a firm in Houston. He was really impressed with Tyler and said that he'd like to get him an interview with his office in Houston. And sure enough, within a few weeks, they called Tyler and had a phone interview and then invited him to fly out to Houston for a face to face interview. They flew him out in November, and 2 days later, they called and gave him a job offer! We were so happy!

It is interesting because we never thought that we'd be in Texas. Tyler never, in all the dozens of applications that he sent out, never once applied to anything in Texas. Texas wasn't even on our radar. And yet, that is where he got this really amazing job! And because it is such a great job where we know he will be happy with his work, we are so excited to move there!

In the past few months, I've done a lot of research on Houston. It seems like a really great city. I have a whole list of things that sound like a lot of fun to do with my kids and as a whole family. I had no idea that Houston was such a big city but I'm so glad it is! I love big cities and am excited to live in one.

I've been a little bit stressed about finding housing. Because the traffic is so bad in Houston, it is hard to find places to live that are within a 30 min commute. We feel like we've narrowed it down to a few neighborhoods, but nothing is currently available for when we want to move. He starts work on June 1st so hopefully, we will be able to find something we love by then.

I feel so excited for this next step in life. Law school has been a wonderful experience for us. Tyler has learned so much, and I have also learned so much just from supporting him. But we are ready to move on and we are so happy that Tyler has a job that will give him all the experience he wants and needs to have a great career, and that makes us so at peace and excited for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright