


Dallin turned 2 just about a month after Leo was born. Now that we have a newborn in the house, Dallin all of the sudden seems so big to me. He seems more like a little boy rather than a baby. I recently cut his hair (something that is always hard for me because I love his blond hair so much!) and with his shorter hair he looks even older. He is such a sweetheart and has been so great to his little brother. I am so proud of him.


Dallin loves to give Leo hugs and that is what he is trying to do in the photo above!
Some other cute things about Dallin:
He loves being outside. He is fascinated with leaves especially. Every time we take him for a walk or to the park he picks up handfuls of leaves. He then brings them inside and gives them to me like he is giving me something really special :)
Every time Dallin is excited or really happy, his whole body shakes. It looks like he is shivering from the cold, but no, he is just really really excited! He does a little shake after he gives me his leaves!
Dallin is an excellent sleeper. He sleeps 12 hrs at night and then takes a nap from 1-3 in the afternoon. He is generally always happy to go to sleep and if he gets tired before I put him down, he asks me to let him go to bed by saying "night night" to me.
He always has to sleep with Giraffe.
His favorite movie is Cars. He gets really excited especially at the beginning of the movie before Lightning McQueen rolls out of the semi truck.
He always gets excited when Tyler comes home from school. And he is sad when he leaves. Sometimes he asks, "Dad? Dad?" when Tyler is gone and I have to tell him that Dad went in the car and went bye bye. And he says "ohhh" with a frowny face.
He understands a lot more than he says. I can ask him to go get a diaper for Leo or ask him to go throw a dirty diaper in the trash and he understands and does it. He is a great helper!
He loves to help me fold the laundry.
He loves to eat fruit, bread with balsamic vinegar, vegetables, tomato soup, tikka masala, and any food with lots of flavor. The only things I can't get him to eat are chicken and sandwich meat. And he loooves milk.
He loves playing with his toy cars! He has maybe 10+ toy cars that he plays with constantly.
Any time Tyler or I are eating something he will come up to us and say "Please!" That means he wants a bite. There have been so many times that Tyler and I have sat down on the sofa with a bowl of ice cream and all we hear is "please, please, please" and we usually end up giving him more bites than we take ourselves!
He is a sweetheart through and through. He really does love both me and Tyler. I can tell by the way he loves to hug us and be with us. And of course he loves his baby Leo.
It is such a joy to be this cute little boy's mother.


I made this Car cake for him and I think he thought it was pretty cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment