Leo Is Here!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014



Last Friday I went to my 37 week Dr.'s appointment. I left Dallin at home with Tyler, telling them that I'd be back in an hour. While at my appointment, they did an ultrasound and found that my amniotic fluid was very low. My midwife sat down with me and started talking about the possibility of inducing me that very day and I was shocked! I definitely didn't expect that. I called Tyler and told him about our options. He seemed just as shocked as I was. I really didn't want to be induced. I loved going into labor on my own with my first pregnancy, but I also realized that it was dangerous for my baby to stay in the womb without enough fluid. My midwife gave me the option of first trying to give me IV fluids to see if the amniotic fluid went up before inducing me right away, so we decided to go with that option. I went directly to the Labor & Delivery ward and Tyler made preparations for his mom to watch Dallin. After receiving IV fluids and having my midwife consult with the OBGYN, we decided to go ahead with the induction. At 3pm they have me pitocin and small contractions started shortly afterwards. Tyler got to the hospital at 4pm and both of us were expecting me to progress faster. With my first pregnancy, I got to the hospital and was fully dilated within a few hours, but that was because I did most of the laboring at home. So this time, because I did all of the laboring at the hospital, the hours seemed to drag on forever. At 10pm, I got an epidural and they broke my water. I reacted very negatively to the epidural and my whole body couldn't stop shaking. It was scary for me because I felt that I had no control of my body and that lasted for 2 hours until I asked Tyler to give me a blessing. My body stopped shaking and I was able to relax. At 1:30 am I was fully dilated. And our little baby boy was then born at 2:02 pm.

As soon as Leo was born, I just loved him immediately. I loved him even before he was born, but the love just grew as soon as I got to hold him. And I just remember feeling so grateful for my little precious son. Because he was born early, he was very small. He weighed 5lbs 10oz and was 18 inches long. But fortunately he did not need help breathing.

We stayed at the hospital until Sunday morning. Tyler's parents watched Dallin for the 2 days and they brought him to the hospital to see us Saturday morning.  He smiled when he saw the baby. I hope that my two boys grown up to be great friends.

Leo is two days old now and he continues to do very well. The Spirit is so strong in our apartment. I feel that he has brought a little piece of heaven with him. We feel very fortunate to welcome him into our family.


This is our first family picture as a family of four. I'm so grateful for my boys!

Leo has the most beautiful eyes!

He looks so small in the big car seat.

2 comments:

  1. He's beautiful, as is your family of four! I love that Dallin's tummy is sticking out in the pic of all of you. So cute!!! I'm glad to hear things went okay for you with the sudden induction as well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright