
Awhile ago I had an idea for Tyler's birthday. I thought it would be fun to make him a quilt. I suppose I got the idea from my mom since she always used to make quilts when I was growing up. I remember helping her tie the yarn and cut the extra ends off and I always thought it was really fun.
So, I started off by buying 6 different kinds of green fabric. Green is his favorite color! I cut them all into squares, sewed them together in a pattern, and tied yarn knots all the way through. I worked on it mostly on saturdays when Tyler was at work.
It wasn't until I was almost finished with the quilt that the thought occurred to me... "Oh no! What if he doesn't like this present?" Kind of funny that I didn't think of that before. But, oh well, it was too late by that time.
So, his birthday arrived and I wrapped up the quilt wondering if he was going to like it. But actually he really did! He opened it up and was really excited and said it meant a lot to him. Phew! I was glad. I had a lot of fun making it. One, because I like to sew, but mostly because I was doing something for Tyler and that always makes it worth it!
That is SUCH a cute idea!! It looks like the quilt turned out really well, too. My mom has totally gotten into quilting, so we are making one for me right now. It's got a ton of really small pieces...lots of work, but lots of fun! :)
ReplyDelete