Trip to Miami

Monday, May 20, 2013


Tyler and I took a trip to Miami last week. I had been wanting to go ever since we moved to Florida. Tyler had spent a summer in Miami a few years ago selling pest control. He likes Miami and kept telling me that he thought I would like it too, and so I was curious to see it for myself.  Tyler's parents offered to babysit D.P. and so we took the chance to go on a vacation just us.

The first place we went was Little Havana, a neighborhood of Miami. We found a great Cuban restaurant called Versailles. It claimed to be the most famous Cuban restaurant in the world, and both of us thought the food was delicious.  Everyone there, as far as I could hear, was speaking Spanish.  It was so fun to me to be completely immersed in Spanish. Most of the signs along calle ocho, a street in the neighborhood of Little Havana, were all in Spanish. I was so thrilled, I couldn't stop smiling.

After lunch, we went to the famous South Beach (pictured above and directly below). It was beautiful!

In the late afternoon, we went shopping at Bal Harbor, a very high end shopping district. A few of the designer stores we went to included Tory Burch, Carolina Herrera, Alexander McQueen, Bonpoint, Michael Kors, Prada, and Chanel. I loved just looking at the dresses and getting some ideas for things I'd like to make.

Downtown Miami was really beautiful. I was surprised at how clean the downtown part of the city was. And some of the buildings were really well designed. There was a building with colorful circles all along the side that I thought was really interesting. (below and to the right)

The next day we went to Key Biscayne, one of Tyler's favorite parts of Miami.

Key Biscayne is an island with a lovely community of beautiful houses, a school, and a few stores and restaurants. We spent the whole morning walking through the streets and picking out some of our favorite houses.


Above is a picture of a street on Key Biscayne that I thought was particularly charming. We also went to the public beach on Key Biscayne.


After leaving Key Biscayne, we visited a few more parts of Miami, including Coconut Grove. We saw where they film scenes of the cafe from the series Burn Notice (which Tyler and I watch all the time!)

We also visited Hollywood, just north of Miami. And on our way home, we stopped in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, just to see what they were like. The photos below are of West Palm Beach.

It was a great trip! But we both missed D.P. so much and couldn't wait to get back and see him!



.

1 comment:

  1. Skye this looks so beautiful!! Glad you guys got to take the trip. Your little family is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright