Art Walk, Strawberries, and Rain

Tuesday, April 10, 2012


Gainesville has an Art Walk that goes on one weekend every month.Tyler and I went a few weeks ago and had a great time. There were several art studios downtown that are free until late at night. In the central square of downtown Gainesville, there is a welcome station that hands out a map of all the art studios and a recommended walking path. Bands were scattered around the path playing diverse kinds of music. On one of the corners, people were hula-hooping. Tyler tried it, but I couldn't possibly do it with my tummy! A virtuoso painter was in the process of composing an original piece. The style is unique, like a scenic-graffiti-surrealist work. We really liked it and decided to enter a drawing to win it for a dollar.  And... we won! The artist's name is Evan Poirier.

I also went berry picking! There is a farm here in Gainesville where you can pick berries, and other fruit and vegetables depending on the season.  We came home with a ton of berries!  And they were delicious!


It has been raining here a lot recently.  And when it rains here, it pours!  This is one thing that really surprised me when we moved to Florida.  I thought it was always sunny! But, I really enjoy the rain.  And I guess it makes sense that it rains so much since it is so green here. However, when it does rain, it is usually only for a short time and then the sun comes out!  The only bad part is that lightening here often causes fires.  I remember a lot of lightening fires last summer, so we'll see if this year is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright