Recording Studio

Thursday, February 10, 2011


For my birthday last December, Tyler surprised me with a gift to make my own CD. I had mentioned a long time before that I thought it would be fun to someday record a CD, and so I was really excited when I opened my present to find a letter saying that he had paid for 6 hours in a recording studio and had arranged with my friend Lyndsay Budge to design a CD cover.

So, during the whole month of February I practiced like crazy.  I wrote a few songs that had a combination of the guitar, voice, and cello.  I love the cello, and it will always be my first love (as far as instruments go!) but ever since being on my mission in Argentina, I've had a huge desire to learn the guitar.  I bought a guitar on my mission and as soon as I got home, I enrolled in a guitar class at BYU. Since then, I have continued to practice and love it.  Over the summer, Tyler suggested that I write a song.  Up to that point, I was just learning covers and the thought of writing my own song seemed overwhelming.  However, as time went by I started playing around with chords and melodies and all of the sudden I had a song!  I've continued to write more songs all including the guitar and many with either voice, cello, or both.

The whole experience of recording in a studio was so fun.  For most of the songs, I recorded the guitar first, then my voice, and the a cello melody.  I recorded 3 songs total and each one took about 2 hours.  It was so fun that I told Tyler I would love to have a recording studio in our future home ...... of course I know that would cost a fortune, but it's fun to dream!




2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright