Our Wedding

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tyler and I were married on April 28, 2010 in the Salt Lake Temple. What a wonderful day! My uncle Owen performed the temple ceremony at 10:20 in the morning. It really was such a special experience. Afterwards we took pictures around the temple. Here are a few of my favorites....

While walking around the temple taking pictures,
 I remember feeling so happy and lucky to be married to Tyler!
When we finished taking pictures, we went back into the temple to change out of our wedding dress and tuxedo. I waited for Tyler in the entrance way, but after a half hour I went looking for him. I went to the front desk and said, "Um, I'm sorry, but I can't find my husband." The man smiled. "Aren't you the one who just got married? And you've already lost him?" I couldn't help but laugh! He took me down stairs and sure enough Tyler had been waiting outside the girl's dressing room. "Don't ever lose each other again, and you'll have a happy marriage!" Was what the man said as Tyler and I hugged, relieved that we found each other.  The temple is a big building, as we found out that day!



At night we had our dinner reception at the Sundance Rehearsal Hall. It was a beautiful reception and everything turned out so well. My family did so much to put it all together. It snowed that night, which made for a very cozy feel inside the wood hall with a fireplace.
At the wedding dinner, Tyler and I greeted each of our guests by going around to the tables while they were eating. My dad had me play the cello in the quartet for one song. I felt so embarrassed, but it did make for a good memory. After the dessert, which neither Tyler nor I ate because we were so busy talking to people, we cleared away the tables and danced. It was the perfect evening!

As I look back on our wedding now, I realize how special of a day it was and how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband and wonderful family and friends. 



Wedding Ceremony: Salt Lake Temple April 28th
Dinner Reception: Sundance Rehearsal Hall later that night
Honeymoon: Paris
Our wedding announcement photo
Colors: Green and White
Wedding dress: Avenia Bridal
Photographer: Dan Hixson
Engagements: Sundance February 27th
Bridals: April 14th
Cake Decorator: My sister Megan (who then got sick so we had someone else- can't remember who- do the cake)
Cake: Megan's specialty
Florist: Steph Hawkes
Bouquet: White roses with white calla lilies
Food at dinner: Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus
Dinner entertainment: Dave Marsh and string quartet
Announcements: Invitations ect. Classic white announcement with black and white photo


We had so many friends and family who attended. Let me see if I can name those who were at the temple ceremony....
My parents
Tyler's Parents
Josh & Shannon
Right out of the Temple!
Grandpa Smith and Grandma Lorna
Grandpa Verl and Gram
Sean & Jana
Devon & Darci
Eden & Craig
Jeff & Linda
Mark & Pauline
Leslie & Greg
Cindy
Elieen & Steve
Lynsay & Nathanael Budge
Lindsey Ashton
Natalie Quinn
Tyler's Grandma and Grandpa LeFevre
Sam & Marie
Rachel & Kyle
Lisa
Sarah
Brock Josephson
Steven & Kelsey Ingoldsby
Mark Thompson
Lee Adams
Jason Pyne
Seth Gwartney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

Your own copyright